We are proud to be one of the sponsor’s of this year’s 21st Annual Jazz in the Park music festival at Wingra Park on Saturday, June 16, 2012 hosted by Dudgeon Monroe Neighborhood. Since opening our second office on Monroe Street we have been looking forward to being involved in all the amazing events that strengthen this vibrant community. This event is an opportunity to celebrate the neighborhood by bringing everyone together to spend time in one of the most beautiful Madison area parks, honor the natural beauty and give time cleaning up Lake Wingra, dancing, playing and visiting with old and new friends. We hope to see you there!
The day includes an array of events including:
- 9 am “It’s My Lake 5K” Run/Walk (Sponsored by the Fit)
- 10-noon Lake Wingra Clean Up (Sponsored by the Edgewood College)
- 2-5 pm Family Fun Afternoon Activities (Sponsored by Monroe Street Family Dental)
- 2-9 pm Music
- 2-3 pm At Dim Fom Jazz Band (Sponsored by Orange Tree Imports)
- 4-5 pm Edgewood Jazz Ensemble (Sponsored by MG&E)
- 5:30-7 pm Tony Castaneda Latin Jazz Sextet (Sponsored by Hotel Red)
- 7:30-9 pm MadiSalsa (Sponsored by the Laurel Tavern)
The event is made possible by many members’ donations and over 20 local businesses. Tyler Leeper (owner of Wingra Boats) is the main organizer and without his passion and commitment it wouldn’t be as fun! Thanks Tyler for all your work.