Orton Park Festival Jazz Brunch, co-sponsored by Alvarado Real Estate Group
This is the 45th annual Orton Park Festival! And what an amazing festival it is! Thursday, August 26th – Sunday August 29th will be full of dance, music, theater, face painting, a jazz brunch (co-sponsored by Alvarado Real Estate Group) and great fundraising activities for the Wil-Mar Center, hosted by the Marquette Neighborhood Association.
This is an annual neighborhood festival to promote community building and culture. Orton Park Festival is open to the public, free of charge, and draws both neighbors and visitors. The festival raises funds through corporate sponsorship, donations and concessions. They provide the funds that enable the Association to achieve its goals and mission. Alvarado Real Estate Group co-sponsors the Sunday morning Jazz Brunch as a way to give back to a neighborhood that we live and work in. We understand the value of strong neighborhoods and how that makes a difference to the families that live in them.
This festival creates a sense of community fabric that is important for the continued stability of the neighborhood at large. Outside of these events, there are no other activities that bring neighborhood residents together as a whole. The festivals are important to the Marquette neighborhood in keeping residents informed of issues and trends that face their community.
Orton Park Festival Schedule
Thursday, August 26th
Family Night (Ice Cream & Soft Drinks for sale):
- 6:30 p.m. – Daithi Wolfe & Company
- 8:00 p.m. – Cycropia Aerial Dance Theater
Friday, August 27th
- 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. – International Dinner with Vendors
- 5:45 p.m. – The Tony Castañeda Latin Jazz Sextet
- 6:45 p.m. – MNA Auction
- 7:15 p.m. – Razia Said (NYC/Madagascar)
- 8:45 p.m. – Cycropia Aerial Dance Theater
Saturday, August 28th
- Noon – Whitney Mann
- 1:30 p.m. – Robert J and the Rowdy Prairie Dogs
- 3:00 p.m. – Cris Plata and Extra Hot
- 4:15 p.m. – MNA Auction
- 5:15 p.m. – Monika and Christian Nieves (Puerto Rico)
- 7:00 p.m. – The Carolina Chocolate Drops
- 9:00 p.m. – Curley Taylor and Zydeco Trouble
Sunday, August 29th
- 9:00 a.m. – Jazz Brunch with The Randall Harrison Trio
- 11:30 a.m. – The Rohnalleros
- 1:00 p.m. – The Getaway Drivers
- 2:00 p.m. – Orton Cake Walk
- 2:30 p.m. – Kings Go Forth
- 3:45 p.m. – MNA Auction
- 4:45 p.m. – The Rousers
- 6:45 p.m. – Dave Alvin & the Guilty Women
And for more information, check out the Marquette Neighborhood website and come down to the Jazz Brunch to visit us!